Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Stable structures

One of my lessons this week was about service, and how it relates to multi-level structures.

Members:
Everybody and everything is an organization made up of members. In the case of your body, the members are cells. They are all working hard to make your body systems healthy and viable. In return, the cells get services like food and oxygen and waste disposal and protection.

Hosts:
In turn, everybody and everything are members of larger host organizations. For people it includes governments, corporations, schools, clubs, etc.

Stability:
Any entity that wants to be survivable and stable in the long term needs to provide value to both its members and its hosts.

My take home lesson:
When I need to make a decision, it is usually best to choose a path that benefits both my body and my community.

No comments: