Thursday, February 26, 2009

Travel log 3

I told Ruth and Nathan that they run a very fine bed and breakfast, and I will tell all my friends.

I had a nasty clogged sinus the first few days here, but that seems to have melted away with lots of sleep and some regular application of hot sun.

Today we had lunch at a gorgeous restaurant that sits on a cliff 450 feet above lake Travis. Deceptively big. Good food. Great view. Looking down on the multi-million dollar mansions in the hills reminded us of a view you might see in Italy.

We finally have a thin framework of a vacation plan. Rather than fly home, tomorrow we rent a car and drive home. We have a whole week to drive 1,174 miles. Google maps tells me that 17.5 hours of driving will be about getting to Minneapolis. The rest of the 168 hours will be goofing off and finding little personal places of interest, such as bed and breakfast, theater; who knows? We have our GPS and iPhone to help us ferret out the interesting stuff.

I am personally excited about the sensory deprivation tank and massage that we will be trying out in Minneapolis next Friday. Ninety minutes of sensory deprivation might be an interesting trip all by itself.

2 comments:

Round Belly said...

sensory deprivation? Try having my cold. I can not smell or taste anything. Very unusual for me.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're having a good time. I hope you are headed someplace warm and feeling the salty air of the ocean soon, or at least a warm tropical breeze. Blessings to you and lynn,


Love from all,
Amber and Kids