Monday, January 04, 2010

Empowering dream

Running around naked
war decision
flying, playing with kids

We were working on a river; a common theme lately. So common that I can't sort out the river details of this dream from other river dreams.
The setting is a kind homestead/campus/resort. Lots of people there, very much a sense of family and small community.

The work evolved into a council. We were preparing for some kind of war. It was coming. It was inevitable. At some point in the meeting, we decided "Wait a minute! We are in charge here. We can just say NO to war." It felt good.

Next scene we were doing homestead and resort type things around the campus; playing and working. I was so used to being naked that I was running around doing my regular meetings and work and playing without even realizing that I was still naked. Pretty much nobody cared. It was freeing to be honestly me. Eventually an in-law was stressed out by my nakedness and I started to feel naked.

Next scene I was playing with kids. Trying to surprise or impress them by flying around; jumping to their treehouse or attic fort. This was a little different from my normal flying dreams. Instead of being infatuated with the fact that I can fly, it is just matter of fact. I have accepted it and I am not afraid to show it as I play with the kids. They weren't terribly impressed either. They just accepted it.

The common theme seems to be acceptance of who I am, and the powers that go with that.

No comments: