Sunday, August 21, 2005

Sudden understanding

That fleeting moment of clarity... Oh how I love it.
How do I get it more often?, and make it last longer?
Sometimes it seems to come from nowhere. Usually, If you pay attention, you can notice what conditions helped to set it up.

One time I was just writing about the nature of time, a gem popped out in the text and the understanding happened afterwards.

Another time, I was walking on a track in a perfect summer night with nothing to clutter my mind. Suddenly the curves of the track opened up insights into Einstein's view of 4 dimensional space-time and gravity. I never understood it before.

Alas, These little moments of clarity seem so short, usually not long enough to write it all down. How do we pursue these beautiful butterflies of thought?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

enough sleep, good healthy food, and excersize, often time being in nature while doing the excersize part helps.