Friday, February 24, 2006

You are the author of your life.

In my wildest fantasies, I pretend that I am in a situation in which I have no control. I cannot be blamed for the situation and thus I can enjoy a forbidden behaviour.

It has been slowly dawning on me for the last few decades that it is dishonest to blame anyone else for situations in which I find myself. At some level I helped set it up.

That slowly dawning sun continues to rise.
I was reading about manifesting and this line stood out to me...
If you find yourself defending, attacking, blaming or justifying, you have not found the wisdom of your own authority.

1 comment:

anonymous julie said...

This is a society that increasingly looks for something to blame for any ill. I've found that to be utterly useless - examining causality is a useful tool for better-informed future choices.

But here we are - what now? Answering that question to move purposefully forward is often more useful to the immediate present than hindsighting.