Friday, March 10, 2006

Wish for good stuff

Be careful what you ask for. When manifesting is in high gear it could happen faster than you expect.

This past week has been busier than a beehive in a fresh field of clover. Last week, our old (as in not controlled by us anymore) business, Hunt Technologies inc. was sold to the most ideal buyer under what seems to be the most ideal conditions. It was exactly as we had been defining it for the past year.

A few hours after the big announcement, Lynn and I were unwinding our slightly overexcited nerves. (I was surprised at how much that affected us.) Anyway, Lynn was thinking “Now there is only one more big thing in our lives that I would really like to clean up. I would like to help Cat.”

Cat is our niece. She lived with us for eight years while her parents were dealing with their messed up lives. Deep unresolved anger consumed her life. At 15, she ran away from us, staying with each of her parents in turn. She ended up on drugs, homeless, and refusing any real help.

One hour after Lynn’s defining thought, Cat called us, begging for help for the first time in years. She stayed with us over the weekend and agreed to enter treatment on Monday. I hope she can find a good path.

At HUG, we had been interviewing several people for the job of Machine Shop Wizard. I was beginning to see a pattern. It resulted in my fervent wish that I would find somebody who really spoke our language; somebody who loved doing something to make our world a green and sustainable place; someone who could understand enough engineering to take a concept and run with it.

One hour after that fervent wish was formed, we received an email. A man, wife and kid, all fit our culture and our needs to a T. Forty eight hours later (after talking for over 15 of those hours) they were virtually hired.

These three stories are each a big deal in our lives, and they all happened in the same week. We have to be careful about allowing for time and energy when we make a wish.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS! Sounds like everything is going well, maybe you need to manifest a day or two off for fun and relaxation. While you have massive manifesting energies hanging around, wanna manifest good stuff for my shop?
More definition available upon request.

anonymous julie said...

Hey! I don't know how or why I've got your blog bookmarked, but... I really like what you have going on with HUG. And care about the same stuff. Will drop an email later with a bit more...

Oh, and - I'm glad for you that things are working so neatly!