Thursday, April 27, 2006

The past isn't what it used to be

Lately I have been getting little messages in my head; little feelings that the past is fluid. We can change the past as easy as we change the future.

This week in NewScientist magazine was an article explaining Stephen Hawking's theory about how the universe behaves like quantum particles. As I understand it, our universe has every possible history. Everything that could ever be in a zillion parallel universes all exist superimposed on each other. Like Schrodenger’s dead and alive cat, any set of conflicting details resolve into one reality only when it is observed.

Our history is only what we observe. Every other history is just as possible, and just as real.
I bet this is telling us something about manifesting.

3 comments:

Dragonfly Shaman said...

I've known this for some time, on a different level of understanding. During my reiki training I learned I could send reiki to my past and future to heal or support whatever changes needed extra assistance. I often feel myself from the future healing my past, which is now. I feel it. I send reiki to my past, now, and know that it's making changes. I do this on many levels, for many people, for many reasons. It's part of my daily meditation. We can change the past.

Anonymous said...

hmmm. . . I've been watching the new doctor who change the past, present and future. I'm seeing a connection.

anonymous julie said...

Hmmmmmm. That's really an interesting thought.

And interesting that somebody else brings up quantum mechanics; it's been on my mind lately!