Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Inertia, Thy name is Rochester

Many times I have waxed poetic about how incredibly basic inertia is.

I love to always look one layer lower and see what underlying components make something tick. Then I look under those components, etcetera. In physics, I keep finding that no matter how many layers down I look, we have to keep assuming that inertia works. When we get down to the most fundamental phenomena in the universe and all other familiar things are gone, inertia may still be working.

So maybe my grandson, Rochester is a fundamental force to reckon with. He achieves new heights in the enormous energy it takes to get him to stop whatever he is doing and start something new. I would give examples, but it includes almost everything.

Maybe we should get a research grant to study him and what creates his enormous inertia. We could gain new insights into the very heart of reality.

No comments: