Sunday, July 23, 2006

Relationship with a meme

Memes can be treated like every other living creature.

Someplace inherent within our human makeup we often find the tendency to do something that is not prudent. Those behaviors might have been more useful in a different environment, or they may be mere side effects of more useful traits that helped us survive.

In any case, when I find an internal push to behave badly, such as to pre-judge, or put someone down, I am beginning to learn that I don’t have to succumb. I also don’t have to fight it forever.
I can release it.

I acknowledge that you have a purpose, but not here and now.
Thank you for being available, but the times call for a new level of behavior.
You are free.

So am I.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an amazingly beautiful thought. Thank you.