Friday, June 29, 2007

Powerful Friends

Let your friends do your work for you.

Time is one of your friends.
No force on earth is more powerful than time. Get to be buddies with it and it will be happy to do you favors, both big and small.
One small example; I have learned to ask of time to help wash the dishes. I used to work hard, using lots of soap and elbow grease to try to scrub baked crusty stuff off of a dish, mostly because I didn't want to spend a lot of time at the task. Now I put the crusty dish under water and let time do most of the work. I come back and help once in a while. We make a good team.
There are many big examples too.

Bugs are friends.
What I loosely call "bugs" do most of the biological work in the world. Getting comfortable with them is important to being comfortable on earth. As we encourage the most helpful bugs, they will help clean and recycle and defend us from unhealthy bugs.

No comments: