Thursday, August 16, 2007

Moving my Giant

I have been emotionally moved lately by watching well done works of animated art.

Last night we watched The Little Mermaid for the first time in many years. I was struck by how smoothly the story flowed and how well it was told. When we watched the "how it was made" feature, it brought tears to my eyes. I was left wondering what it was that affected me so. The best answer I could come up with... It was the story of teams of genius coming together to create something great.

Tonight we watched Spirited Away. There was no need to watch how it was made. The teams of genius showed through in almost every scene.

The emotion is still strong. I am inspired to believe that we must pull our team together and commit an act of genius.

Judging from the animated examples, an act of team genius includes...
Keenly observing mundane details of the world around us.
Inspiration on many fronts and from many talents.
Years of dedicated hard work.
Much practice and focus and editing.
Appropriate public relations.
Spirit guiding us to time things right.

No comments: