Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Finding my giant

Last weekend, at an impromptu time, Amber guided me on what became a spiritual vision trip.
It was powerful.
I am still absorbing the feelings and the ramifications.
I am changed.

In my paper journal, I wrote details of images I saw. I find myself periodically writing additional thoughts about it; like a list of ingredients that helped make the experience work so well.

In the experience...
Some early images included pagodas and many variations of eastern temples. Then I was traveling towards a radiant ball of energy, like a portal. The ball became a sun rising over a lake. Soon I was traveling on the lake, almost at a right angle to the sun.

The lake was getting narrower and I passed several iconic dead critters.
The lake got narrow like a canyon, then almost like a cave. As I entered, there were waves traveling vertically; up. I could sense that they were alive. Two different streams of undefined energy were also traveling up. I ascended with the energies.

The first thing I saw in this new space was shapes. Clear, simple geometric shapes that I could not define or name. After a few other images that I could not define, I saw simple happy creatures. Clearly these were not any life form known on earth. The feeling was that my guides were very happy to see my arrival. They were showing me that I was now experiencing additional dimensions and it is going to take a while to learn the territory.

Soon I was looking down on sand and pine trees (home). I was able to move around freely while viewing from above. The view was slightly curvy, a little like a fish eye lens except as I moved I could sense the macro view and interior micro details at the same time.

I viewed around me and everywhere I looked the landscape quickly turned lush green. I laughed. Soon I was traveling (like walking 100 feet high) fast enough that I could see the curve of the earth. I was looking everywhere and making much of the continent turn green and lush and productive. I liked the implied message.

Later I saw a storybook opened up to a picture printed across both pages. It was an ocean with a ship on it. The ship sailed out of the two dimensional pages into the three dimensional world. It sailed into a narrow area with land on both sides (similar to the lake in the earlier part of my trip). Crowds of people cheered jubilantly and confetti was in the air everywhere. A closer look revealed that the confetti was actually bees and butterflies.

At the start of the vision trip, I had traveled alone in a small canoe sized boat going North, past iconic dead critters. At the conclusion, I was traveling South through the same passage way; but now in a ship; and abundant, jubilant life was celebrating on all sides.

It took me hours to bring my mind back into this (normal?) world.
I feel larger,
and guided,
and supported,
and more confident that we are successful and doing the right thing.

And we have much to learn.

3 comments:

Cosmic Monkey said...

I have been confronted with the archetype of the Grotto all year.I don't know what it means, maybe that the only way to grow is to enter the primal womb of the earth. Your visions are interesting.

Paul said...

Cosmic Monkey,
You might be on to something there. I was compelled to set myself up to be essentially blind, naked and helpless before I could begin the trip; and I had to stay that way through the duration of the trip.

Now that I look back at it, it is very much like being born.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to be off topic here. but I hear you've been looking to contact me. I'd love to connect again. Visit our website: whataconcept.info .