Monday, July 25, 2005

Hobby

Barb was our first employee, starting sometime around 1986. She has been working for us on and off ever since. She was around while we were a little bitty basement operation. She was with us during the wild white knuckle ride while Hunt Tech grew at 100% per year for 5 years. She is with us again while we are creating our environmental research campus.

Right now, it is pretty hard to articulate our current goals. When a neighbor asked Barb what she does at her job, she replied she has no idea. Today, Barb commented that it boils down to... she has been helping me with my hobby for 20 years.

It's true. When we were poor, my job was my hobby. That kind of focus made us successful. Now my hobby is my job. I hope it also creates wonderful outcomes.

No comments: