Friday, March 16, 2007

DreamSpeak

Early morning; I start becoming lucid enough to realize that the series of challenges and frustrations that have been dogging me are actually dreams. I can relax a bit and not take them as seriously.
Then I notice a pattern...

Each of the dreams was about a building. Each building had maintenance problems. Each was a hassle and potentially dangerous. Then I realized that when you dream about a building, it usually represents your body. It makes sense because I have been surrounded by medical issues lately.

The first dream, the problem was some food we had left lying around in a remote part of the house for untold years. Now it is a mess. It is a potential health hazard and is real difficult to clean up.
It represents Me (and Lynn). We spent much of last week getting in depth physical exams. Both of us need to eat better food and exercise more.

The buildings in successive dreams had successively more severe problems. The last one had severe, actively worsening cracks in the foundation. Pipes and wires were breaking and oozing all over the place.
I think they represent Ian, who needs surgery on his spine before things get worse; and they represent Eric, Amy's friend who has a football size cancer tumor eating up his colon. I had been doing research all evening to find options for both of them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another example of dreamspeak- Walking up to a library on the third floor and the stairs only go up 2 and 2/3 floors, but I can see the library but can't get to the floor. Incomplete.
Trying to find my parked car but unsuccessful. Incomplete.
Catching my spouse having a breakfast date with another woman. Betrayal.
Trying to find my way around town but not being able to arrive to my destination. Incomplete.
Woke up Sunday morning with this dream going on in my head. Left me feeling very angry and incomplete. It's about what I'm going through right now, and it's not about my spouse cheating, just the feeling of being betrayed. Dreams are good for perspective.

LA

Paul said...

LA,
What makes you feel betrayed?

Anonymous said...

Betrayal is a theme core issue in my life. When my brother died because he was born premature, I was three years old. Core issues are developed during the early years of childhood and become a repeated theme during one's life. I feel betrayed when people say they'll do one thing and do another. Like my spouse promising me his fidelity and then cheating. Like my brother saying he'll live and then dying. Feeling incomplete makes me feel betrayed.

Core issues are about fear- fear of success, fear of failure, fear of betrayal, fear of abandonment...we spend our adulthood working to heal our fears. It's why I'm trying my hardest to minimalize fear in my children's childhoods. But things happen. I wonder what core issues they'll develop.

LA