Monday, October 31, 2005

Carefull

QUOTE

"The world is a comedy to those who think, a tragedy to those who feel." Horace Walpole

I have been wrestling for the last five years or so with the possibility that in certain situations I have cared too much. Since being damaged by that kind of caring, perhaps I have found a more realistic balance, a mellow type of caring.

How do we learn how to care enough to fully realize life and its joys, yet not be ripped apart by life going on, as it inevitably does?

1 comment:

Paul said...

"How do we learn . . .?" I followed your path and, perhaps, cared too much. During the time of my divorce, while watching a PBS program on Cheetahs, I saw lions killing cubs while the mother stood by, watched and then turned and walked away since she was powerless compared to the lion. It was a "heart" learning experience. Mentally I knew to protect myself but this program touched my "heart" and I felt it. I am my brother's keep but, first and foremost, I am my keeper. How did I learn? It was a revelation in a teachable moment.