Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Splurge

Vacation update 6
I had been getting mild cold symptoms for a few days. By Saturday I was down for the count. I had so little energy I could hardly move, but it was travel time. We flew back to Honolulu and checked into a hotel at Waikiki beach. (I can’t recommend staying there. It is so urban, you might as well be in downtown Los Angeles.) It hardly mattered, I slept pretty much the whole two days I was there. Just as I was starting to feel better, Lynn and I drove around the island and checked into Turtle Beach resort in the more isolated north shore. This is a classy place.
Lynn treated herself and me to a massage and a skin treatment where you get your whole body scrubbed, oiled with local lotions and potions, then wrapped in tea leaves. It was a very sensual and relaxing experience. I'm still floating.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SENSUAL??????!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Main Entry: sen·su·al
Pronunciation: 'sench-(&-)w&l, 'sen-sh&l
Function: adjective
1 : SENSORY 1
2 : relating to or consisting in the gratification of the senses or the indulgence of appetite
3 : devoted to or preoccupied with the senses or appetites

It's not always about sex. And I know. I'm a massage therapist. Massage is very sensual.

LA