Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Vacation update 1

Lynn and I had a smooth flight to Hawaii. It really is gorgeous here. The most dangerous part was letting Lynn and Ruth talk to the concierge. They got us so heavily booked doing fun things that almost every day of my “vacation” has to start with a pre dawn alarm clock.

Sunday we actually got to sleep in, after being up for 21 hours traveling the day before. Then we went to a luau with a feast fit for a king ( king Kamehameha to be exact).

Early Monday we loaded ourselves into a big diesel bus and toured the island. 12 hours of sitting in the back of a diesel bus has me prepared to bend anyone’s ear about how to design better busses. Busses cost a lot of money. It’s hard to fathom that they can’t be built to run smooth and clean and quiet like a car. After that I just couldn't be forced to drive to a restuarant to eat. If I had to tell my body to get into another motor vehicle at that time, every one of my cells would have gone awol.

1 comment:

Round Belly said...

Mike says scheduels are the anti vacation